8/31/2007

Long day...

Well, today was a VERY long day....but a really good day too. I worked 10 hours...which was long....but it was very good. I've really been getting to know the girls I work with, and I'm hoping that some good friendships will blossom there. None of them are Christians....which really excites me! I've gotten the chance to share about how the Lord is working in my life...and that Jesus is the reason that I am the way I am. A couple of people are especially impressed....my boss, and a girl named Tosha. Miss Anne (the boss) is just amazed at the fact that I never slack off at work. I guess I've never thought of slacking off as an option...yah know? I'm working for the Lord, not for men. I feel like I need to give my all to the restaurant while I'm working, instead of standing in the back smoking and drinking coffee (which is what many of the employees do). The other day I ran out of 'standard' jobs to do (it was a REALLY slow morning), so I decided to organize all the kitchen cabinets. My boss was amazed. She simply couldn't understand why I would do so much extra without expecting anything in return. I told her that I was working to honor the Lord by being a good employee to her, and she thought that was the coolest thing. Isn't that wonderful? Praise the Lord! I didn't do that in my own strength...it was all because of the Lord, and he is using my example to show my boss the kind of integrity that is found in those that love Christ. Tosha and I have had some good conversations too. She is the sweetest girl! She's 25 and has four kids....her first was born when she was 15....yet she still made it through high school and college...with three other kids that came during that time! Now, I don't agree AT ALL with her life choices...but I have to give her props for finishing school. Anyway, she's been trying to convince me that I should have kids (don't worry Dad, Mom....everyone else, I'm not about to take that advice). She thinks I'd be a great mom (which is a compliment, but I have a lot that I want to do before I even think about motherhood). It's funny how the girls at work view my life...they think I'm some anomaly that's too good to be true. Tosha said to me the other day, "girl, I wouldn't believe anyone else if they told me all that stuff...but something about you is different, you're for real." Can I get an amen??!?! At last! This is what Christianity is all about! Living a life that's SO dramatically different that people can't help but marvel. Please pray that I will continue to be a witness to Tosha, and Miss Anne, and everyone else. I would love to plant a seed for Jesus in their hearts! Maybe the Lord would even bless me with the opportunity to see them come to him....let's pray for that.


Thanks again for your prayers, phone calls, letters and loving support. You all are amazing.

-Julie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who knows, perhaps those girls are the reason you are there. Proud of you as always,
Rick