9/01/2007

I'm in love

Better is one day in your courts
than a thousand elsewhere;
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God
than dwell in the tents of the wicked.
For the LORD God is a sun and shield;
the LORD bestows favor and honor;
no good thing does he withhold
from those whose walk is blameless.
O LORD Almighty,
blessed is the man who trusts in you.
Psalm 84:10-12

As wonderful as my life is....as much as I love the people on this earth...I have to be honest with you guys....my soul yearns for heaven. Just to be with Jesus, to sit at his feet, to bow before him in total awe of his holiness. It overwhelms me! How amazing will it be when our only concern is praising Jesus? No tears, no pain, no war, no sin. Only Jesus, sweet, sweet Jesus. I am so in love with him. As each day passes, my desire for him grows. One day my beloved will come and call me home, I cannot wait for that day. He is my first love, my precious savior, my best friend. The more I love him, the more I desire to be like him. It's funny, as my desire to know Jesus becomes stronger, my desire for sin lessens. I'm certainly not perfect, but the more time I spend with the Lord, the less time I have for sin. As I get to know Jesus more and more, he's constantly on my mind. I want his opinion on everything....I ask him so many things, from the silly to the serious. When I think of how this incredible love is changing me, I am reminded of these words "turn your eyes upon Jesus, look full in his wonderful face, and the things of earth will grow strangely dim in the light of his glory and grace."

I am so jealous of those that are going to see Jesus right now! As I write, many saints across the globe are finishing the journey of this life....and moving onto the next. How I wish that I was one of them! Yet I know that my work here on earth is not finished yet....and because of that I am content to stay. But as soon as Jesus is done with me, I want to go home. I don't want to tarry.

Come Lord Jesus, come. I am ready to go as soon as you're ready to have me.

Love,
Julie

No comments: