9/03/2007

Happy Labor Day!

Happy Labor Day!

I had a nice morning....I celebrated Labor day with....labor! I worked from 6-2:30...and now I'm just relaxing before the evening festivities. My roomates and some people from my church are having a cook out/picnic....which should be fun! It's raining right now though....hmmmm....oh well....as my darling mother loves to say, "I'm not made of sugar...I won't melt!"

In response to those who are worried about the weather. Don't worry! The newest tropical storm (it may be a hurricane by now) is not looking like it's going to reach us. Even if a hurricane does come my way....I have a friend who controls the weather! Nothing can hurt me unless he allows it.

Ballet starts tomorrow! I am SO excited! Just to be dancing again....it's been a while! I've gone to class sporadically over the past three months....but it's no substitute for every day ballet class.


I'm so excited about our Christmas show! For those that haven't heard, B. Mag is doing it's second annual production of "A Christmas Dream"....it's the music of the Nutcracker with a new storyline:

Kathy, a young girl in the old south, recieves a Bible at her parents annual Christmas party from her beloved grandfather. As the party winds down, Kathy begins to read, and falls into a deep sleep. In her dream, she sees the book of Revelation acted out.

Beelzebub and his legion of demons/flies battle with Michael, the arch angel, and his army of angels...the battle ends with Beelzebub being defeated, and Michael and the angels welcome Kathy into the Kingdom of Heaven. In heaven, Kathy finally gets to meet Jesus.

The second act is a beautiful display of cultures, as the nations of the earth gather to dance before the throne of Jesus. The very end of the ballet reveals that Kathy is a symbol of the church, and finishes with the marriage of Christ and the Church...a perfect picture of true love.

Anyway, my little description of "A Christmas Dream" doesn't nearly do the ballet justice....I guess you'll just have to come watch! I'm really excited, because several of my regulars at the bagel shop are planning to come watch! I don't think they're Christians...but they've seen the Nutcracker and are curious about the new take that B. Mag has on it. I can't wait!

1 comment:

bajo said...

We weren't able to have an outdoor cookout on the grill because we had to put the weatherproofing on. So for several other Sept weekends we *will* cook out. Captain's orders.

Funny, for the past few years I've felt very special at the studio. Staying there tonight, I felt very normal. Not the dad of a budding star, just another dad.

But Angie enjoyed teaching and dancing Irish (btw, will there be Irish in the BMag Christmas show?), Raquela looked very studied in pointe class, and Miranda was uptight about wearing the wrong color leotard. Maybe I'll be special again soon. :)

Love, Daddy-O