9/05/2007

First few days!

Well, we officially started!

I'm back at it. It's been really, really good. I've been reminded these last few days WHY I love to dance so much. Even more then that, I'm reminded of why I love Jesus. I love him, because no matter what I do, he's still with me. That's not to say that I should trod on his goodness and grace...to the contrary, I should do everything I can to please him! But at the end of the day, I am still a sinner. Like today, I tried to go a whole day without sinning.....didn't work. I didn't do anything terrible, just little things. Yet, it was still sin. How is it that Jesus loves me despite all that?!?! He loves my wandering heart that so often strays from him....to be distracted by other things. That is the biggest thing I'm afraid of this year. I DO NOT want ballet to take away from Jesus. I want to be good at ballet, I want to do well, I want to improve...but it cannot, and will not be my idol. It hasn't happened yet, but I see it on the horizon, and so I'm preparing my ship for the storm.

Please pray for me. I'm getting sick. Those of you that know me probably aren't suprised! It's nothing terrible, just a sore throat/headache/ect. but it makes my already difficult days almost unbearable. I don't want my miserable body to cause me to have a bad or even apathetic attitude toward God. No good.

Love you all! I'll write more later.

-Julie

1 comment:

Morlock said...

Hey Julie!

It is so cool that you offically started ballet! I hope that you have lots of fun and get to be an even better dancer! I hope you feel better! (I have a cold right now too!)I'll be praying! Luv Ya!

Love Allison :-)