9/10/2007

Prayer Request

Hey all!

I have to go to work....we had a half day at dance....which was a REALLY good thing. I crunched my lower back in my first class (for those of you that know dancer talk, we were doing medium allegro, and at the end I accidentally hit the back of my head in sissone arabesque, which bent my spine too far, and must have pinched something....the blessing/curse of having such a flexible spine). Anyway because I am SUPER stubborn, I took the rest of that class and the second class....instead of sitting out...which I should have. Anyway, it KILLS....and I have to work now (I already went in this morning....but they need me again, so I'm going back until 9ish). Not to mention, after not taking pointe for 3 months, my feet are really soft, and are bleeding like crazy. Ugh.

Other then that though, the day has been wonderful. I really enjoyed both classes (despite the pain), and work this morning was wonderful. I got up early enough to spend a few minutes with Jesus before work, and then I just chatted with him during my shift. It was so wonderful. My thoughts today have been so focused on Jesus. Thank you all for your prayers....I feel their effects.

Today at B. Mag devotions we talked about John 13. That's where Jesus washes his disciples feet. Of all people, dancers know how DISGUSTING feet can be....and the fact that our precious Lord Jesus....our savior and king would do that is awe inspiring. If someone perfect and righteous in every way, with every reason to boast, would, in complete humility, wash twelve pairs of disgusting feet....then shouldn't I as well? Maybe literally, maybe figuratively. What have I done today to "wash the feet" of those I love? What have I done to "wash the feet" of those I pass at work and at dance? How can I show love, humility and leadership all at the same time to those around me? That is my goal. I'm going to start looking for ways to "wash the feet" of others.

1 comment:

bajo said...

My rule of thumb is that if you spend less than twelve hours at home between work shifts, you are doing too much. 5:00 - 9:00 = 8 hours, the absolute minimum for one good night's sleep to rest a hurting back.

Nagging in Love, Daddy-O