9/28/2007

If you've got a good thing....share it!

Hey y'all! Sorry I haven't written in a while...it's been a LONG week.

Our first performance is tomorrow! I'm so, so excited! The Lord has given me a lot of joy and peace about it...so that's good. I'm most excited about sharing Jesus with people! I love him so much....I feel like I might explode if I can't talk about him!

This morning at work, I was talking to my friend Liz. She's a sweetie, but has had a sad life. She was in alcohol rehab, and just recently got out, and now she works in the mornings with me. Anyway, today she goes, "Julie, you dance everyday right?"

"Yeah."

"And you work every morning, and all day Saturday, right?"

"Yup."

"And you're HAPPY???!??!"

"Yeah!"

"Why? What makes you so happy."

"Well Liz, to be honest with you, it's all the Lord. (Okay, this was cool, because it wasn't me speaking, it was the Spirit). He gives me strength for each day. Somedays, I go to bed thinking that I will never have the strength to make it through the next day, but somehow, every morning, I have the grace to get up and go about my day. It's all thanks to Jesus. He is my strength."

"Wow....cool....(silence)...Julie, you're my hero."

"Really? Thanks....but it's not me....Jesus is my hero."


PRAISE THE LORD! It was such a little thing...she's not saved, she didn't break down and repent....but the wheel was set in motion. I am praying that the Lord will give me more opportunities to share him.

You know, no matter where you live, opportunities like that are all around. The thing that I've discovered is that you have to open your eyes and LOOK! It helps to just ask the Lord to make you sensitive to those opportunites, every day. He is so awesome! It's not hard to share about him.....just let your love for him spill over....he takes care of the rest.

One last thing. Life is hard. Come Lord Jesus, come! I would be SO happy if he would come back and take us all....I want to see him soon!

-Julie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Julie,
That's sooo great. I know we haven't talked in a while, but it's great to hear that you're doing well.
Romans 15:13
LILY