9/06/2007

Prayer in action!

Okay, so if any of you doubt that prayer works....let me tell you, it does.

(For background, read yesterday's blog)

So yesterday, I was feeling kind of under the weather. You know the feeling....sore throat, headache, runny nose....the usual cold symptoms. Well, I went to bed last night, and was hoping that I'd wake up feeling beter. I didn't. I woke up at around 3 a.m. with an INCREDIBLY sore throat, and a terrible headache...not good. I knew that I couldn't make it through today being sick. The days here are just too long and too tiring for me to be able to handle them with anything less then being 100% healthy. Not to mention that we had to learn a couple of new pieces...which require a clear head to learn. Anyway, I just sat on my bed, and begged the Lord to heal me. Most of the time, I pray like that, but I don't REALLY believe that he'll do it. Well, this time was different. I knew God would heal me if I asked him. So, I went back to bed, and woke up at 5 pain free....I mean really people, PAIN FREE. No sore throat, no headache...nothing. It was amazing. As soon as I awoke I had to praise the Lord for his mercy and kindess toward me. Now, I don't want to say that it was my prayers that made this happen....because that would be totally wrong. It was all of you as well. I know that many of you pray for me daily, and I know that it was your prayers that brought this about. So thank you! I feel kind of funny sharing this....because it sounds overly dramatic....but it's real. The reason I share is because I want to share the victory with you!

One quick side note: This is for those of you that care about ballet. The rest of you can stop reading now. I got cast in a demi-soloist role for our new ballet, "Unveiled Hope". The ballet is done to music by Michael Card, and it details the story of Revelation. I absolutely LOVE it! I love the roles I'm cast in....I love the style (it's classical steps, with very emotion filled arms and heads....which is totally my thing). Not that parts mean a WHOLE lot...but it's fun to be cast in a role you like!

-Julie

3 comments:

bajo said...

Don't worry about being dramatic. When prayer works there is no drama, only some odd mixture of awe and thanksgiving. Praise God.

I hope this new ballet gets filmed when it happens (hint, hint).

Love, Daddy-O

Anonymous said...

Unveiled Hope would make a beautiful ballet - I'd like to see it when it happens

Daniel

Morlock said...

Glad you feel better! Congrats on the role in Unveiled Hope! Good Luck!

Love Allison :-)