9/23/2007

Free

My friend Laura Hawkins recently sent me a devotional book by Sarah Young titled "Jesus Calling"....it is absolutely phenomenal. The book is a collection of words that Jesus spoke to her heart. It is written like a journal, and Jesus is the writer. Of course, it's not scripture, but it's a really neat concept, and today's entry was beautiful....so I thought I'd share it with all of you.

"Walk with me in the freedom of forgiveness. The path we follow together is sometimes slippery and steep. If you carry a burden of guilt on your back, you are more likely to stumble and fall. At your request, I will remove the heavy load from you and bury it at the foot of the cross. When I unburden you, you are undeniably free! Stand up straight and tall in My Presence, so that no one can place more burdens on your back. Look into My Face and feel the warmth of My Love-Light shining upon you. It is the unconditional Love that frees you from both fears and sins. Spend time basking in the Light of My Presence. As you come to know Me more intimately, you grow increasingly free."

Mmmhhhmmm....thank you Lord Jesus. I am free in you.

-Julie

1 comment:

bajo said...

That's koinkidinkal ... we just finished Galatians in the One Year Bible, which has been called the Magna Charta of Christianity b/c it emphasizes our freedom from the old law and from sin, and freedom to receive the grace of God. Especially 5:1, "it was for freedom that Christ has set us free, no longer to be subject to a yoke of slavery ..." ;)

Love, Daddy-O