9/18/2007

Our father in heaven....my father on earth.

How is it that God loves us SO much?

I am constantly amazed by that fact. He loves ME. The God that created the universe loves ME! He calls me his....he speaks to me....he showers me with blessings...he carries me though storms....how can this be??

I love the Lord. My feeble attempts at loving him are nothing compared to his great love...but I know that he loves to receive my love. How do I know that? Because that's how my earthly father is. He loves me SO, SO much more then I deserve. I try to do what he asks....I try to love him with my words and my deeds....but it is nothing compared to the sacrificial love he has for me.

I just want to take this opportunity to brag about my wonderful dad. He is awesome. He is so strong, so loving, so wise, so kind.....he has been, and continues to be an AMAZING reflection of my heavenly father. He encourages me and loves me....when I don't deserve it at all. He is always looking out for my best interests, and he is ready to defend and protect me from anything that could harm me. He is awesome. I miss him A LOT. I haven't always understood his love....I've taken it for granted....I've belittled it....I hate to admit it, but sometimes I've even trampled on it. But it's still there. No matter what I do, or what I say, he still loves me....and he always will. What an awesome man.

When I was a little girl, my dad used to drive me to ballet class....we had to drive from Albion to Jackson, and we always had the BEST talks. I miss those. I'm now an "adult" and I drive myself to dance....but I miss the days when I was just safely in the back seat...talking with Dad.

It's cool how God has filled that void....now I talk with God to and from ballet...and it's that same safe, loved feeling that I got talking with Dad so many years ago.

What's even more amazing....is that as much as my dad loves me, and would go to the ends of the earth for me....God loves me EVEN MORE. How amazing is that? Wow. How can I not follow his plan for my life?? How can I not listen to his commands? He wants the VERY BEST for me. He's not playing games, he really, truly wants the best for me. I am in awe of that kind of love.

Thank you Lord for your amazing, sweet, awesome, powerful love....I'm trying my hardest to love you back. You know what's funny? I need your help to love you. I am too weak to even love you on my own....Please fill me with your love Lord, so that I can give it back to you, and to those around me.

No comments: