9/25/2007

Harriet Tubman

I love Harriet Tubman. She is such an awesome lady. So strong....so courageous. One of my favorite quotes by her is the following...

"Jesus, I'm holding onto you, because you're the only one who can see me through." Amen?

It's funny....I realized the other day that my life means nothing without Christ....the world would not define my life as successful. I'm dancing full time with a Christian ballet company....I'm not in any dance magazines, I'm not in New York, I'm not making any money. I'm not going to college to learn how to become successful...I'm a little girl in Mississippi, working hard, dancing harder....all because God told me to. No plan or map of the future....one hand raised high toward heaven, the other one clinging tightly to my Bible. Here I am. Thank you Jesus! I wouldn't have it any other way.

So..."Jesus, I'm holding onto you, because you're the only one who can see me through."

-Julie