8/17/2007

Going Home

I had such a wonderful morning. I got up, cleaned my room, organized my closet (I like to have my closet color coded....but it never stays that way), did some laundry, cooked breakfast....it was so much fun!

Anyway, onto something a little more interesting then my love of playing house.

Don't worry, I love it here, but I've discovered something very interesting. Being at Ballet Magnificat doesn't automatically make me happy. I know, I know, you were all waiting for me to figure that one out. It's not that anything has gone wrong, or that I'm having any problems...I've just realized that being here is not going to ever be fulfilling. Only Jesus is. All summer I was pretty much positive that once I got here, life would be perfect, I'd always be smiling, and I'd never have another problem. Well, that's not true. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE being here....but it's not heaven. I know that sounds kind of obvious, but it was honestly a revelation. I didn't think that anything could be better then B. Mag. Now I'm realizing that I'm still in a broken world with sinful people, and my sinful self. The only thing that brings true joy, is being in fellowship with Jesus Christ. He is the only person that can bring an eternal smile to my face...and heaven is the only place where I will truly be joyful at all times. Nothing on this earth can satisfy....and nothing that I experience here will ever fill that longing to be home. I can't wait for the day when Jesus Christ will come in all his glory, and we will be taken into heaven to be with him forever. That is the day that all my hope rests on. This world is not my home, and I will never be satisfied with the things of the earth, because they're not reality. Heaven is reality. Jesus is reality. Everything else will pass away. So come Lord Jesus, come.


(Artwork by Faith Dever)

-Julie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was missing you last night at worship practice during one song (Mighty Is the Power of the Cross) where you sing a nice little harmony inside of the second verse. So I mentioned that to everyone on the team after the first run-through. Mom asked me what the little harmony was, and I sang it and she said she liked it and asked me to do it on Sunday (I almost passed out, you know how rare an occasion this is!).

So now I don't miss you any more because I know I can easily replace you ... with meself! ;) Just kidding, we all miss you!

Love, Daddy-O