8/28/2007

Church....pt. 3

Well, I went to a new church on Sunday....and again last night. It's called "Christway" and the people there refer to it as a "spirit filled church." Anyway, a week ago, I drove past this church a few times on my way to different events...each time, I felt the Lord telling me to go in...each time I was to afraid to go in(do you see a theme? Wouldn't you think that I'd just DO IT the first time? Good grief...but I'm prepared now, next time the Spirit calls, I'm going to do what he says the FIRST time...or at least, that's what I want to do.) Anyway, so I went in about a week ago, asked about service times, chatted with the worship pastor, and decided to go back this week. So, I went back, and it was very interesting.

This church is not AT ALL what I would think of as "my style."

I like contemporary christian music and hymns--they sing 80s and 90s praise choruses.

I like authoritative, yet soft spoken pastors--their pastor preaches the truth...and he is LOUD about it.

I like "normal" prayer--they have people speaking in tongues and being slain in the spirit at both services I went to.

I like having people my age at church--they have mostly older people, and young couples with small children.

Common sense says no...I shouldn't even consider this church...but yet I'm drawn to it. The Holy Spirit it undeniably there. The presence of the Lord is all that these people desire. The hearts of these saints are SO precious, and pure...it's obvious just by watching. I can raise my hands, jump around, dance....and there is without a doubt someone else doing something EVEN MORE expressive. It's amazing. I honestly don't know if this is "the one" for me, but it is an awesome place of worship. I'm probably going to keep looking, but I'm not scratching this one of the list....I don't even know why I like it, but I'm drawn to it, like a moth to a flame.

2 comments:

bajo said...

Hey, it's the 30th. Where's my blog fix?!?

First quiz meeting tonight. You weren't there. You were asked about and missed by several folks, young and old.

Love, Daddy-O

bajo said...

Ahem ... the 80s and 90s were good to praise and worship!

Love, Daddy-O