8/26/2007

Christianiese

Guess what? I realized the other day that I am fluent in English, know a bit of Spanish....and have a complete mastery of Christianiese....or so I thought. What's that? Well, it's the language that most people who have been around church for a while speak. We use funny words like "repent" and "holy"....we use phrases that make no sense to anyone but us like, "I feel the presence of the Lord" and "I'm taking a step of faith."

Well, I may have had a complete mastery of mid-western Christianiese...but the southern dialect is totally different!

Today in Church I was completely confused when they said to look in your "fleaier" for today's "scripta readin'."

It was also strange to be refered to as "sister Julianna"....but also kind of nice. It made me feel very welcomed and loved (although, after being hugged by several well meaning ladies with a lot of perfume...I felt a bit ill).

The church I went to today was very pentecostal. I was a little nervous at first, but it was actually a very good service.

The worship was very good, not my favorite style of worship, but heartfelt...and I was blessed by it. The sermon was intense, but made sense and made me think. The people were friendly, and were of a wide variety of ages, races and genders. They had a prayer of healing in the middle of the service, and a man spoke in tongues (it was a blessing...he sounded like he was speaking either Hebrew or Aramaic). The pastor was not afraid to speak healing, but he also made it clear that the healing was from the Lord, not from himself.

Out of my list, this church met #1, #2, #4, #5 and #7...my interest is peaked, I think I'm going to go back again tomorrow (they have a special service with a man that has the gift of prophecy...I'll admit, I'm a bit scared/skeptical, but I don't want to limit the Spirit's work in my life because of my personal bias.)

We'll see how it goes! I'm sure I'll write about it on Tuesday.

Thank you all for your prayers, I can really feel the affects of them on both my mind and body. I really, really appreciate you all!

In Christ,

Julianna

4 comments:

jennifer said...

I only have a moment, Julianna, but I wanted you to know that I am praying for you!

Morlock said...

Hey Julie!

I'm glad that you have found a church that you like! Stay safe! I'll keep praying!

Love, Allison :-)

Jeremy said...

Hey girl.

Sounds like a pretty cool place...worth checking out a little more, huh? Praying still...

bajo said...

Your interest was *piqued* ... ok, I'll leave you alone now. :)

Love, Daddy-O