8/10/2007

Moving Day!

Well, as per the request of many of my darling friends and family, here it is...the blog. Several of my friends have these, and I love reading what they have to say, but I never really thought that I'd join the group! Anyway, this is a really nice way to let you all know what's going on in my life...and it's nice not to have to send out mass emails, or repeat the same stories over and over and over(although I'll probably do that anyway).

For those that aren't clear on what I'm doing, let me explain. Today I'll move to Jackson, MS to train with Ballet Magnificat, the world's premier Christian ballet company. I'm living in a darling apartment with my roomates, Erin, Deidre, Danielle and Merry. We're "trainees" at B. Mag, which means that we're being trained to minister through dance. Even though we're not part of the paid ballet companies, we still do a lot of ministry, and get to use our talent to serve Jesus. We have ballet, pointe, modern, discipleship, anatomy class, jazz and rehearsals everyday. We also perform for different events and organizations on a weekly basis. Aside from that most trainees work a job on nights and weekends (I'll be joining the work force soon...more on that later). Anyway, that's a basic overview of what I'll be doing here at B. Mag! I don't know many more details, so I guess you'll find out as I do!

I decided that writing in a blog would be a good way for me to collect my thoughts, and think through issues and decisions that I'll be making. It's also a good way for me to let you know how to pray for me (I covet your prayers!)


Just so you know, I'm writing this from Memphis....! We had some car trouble, and stopped here to get it fixed. I should be in Jackson by this afternoon.

Thanks for taking the time to read this! I'll write more later.

-Julie

2 comments:

Jeremy said...

So you finally caved to the pressures of society...eh? Well good for you. At least this time, it was a good choice. Can't wait to see what God will do in your life. I'll be praying.

-Jeremy

Morlock said...

I Love your Blog! It is a great way for you to keep everyone updated on how you are doing in Mississippi! I hope that God keeps you safe at B. Mag! I'll keep praying for you! Love Ya!

Love, Allison