8/27/2007

How can I keep from singing??

Have you guys heard the song, "How can I keep from singing" by Chris Tomlin? Well, if you haven't....listen to it...if you have, you'll know what I'm talking about.

Today was a tough day. There were problems at work (a girl quit, and so I'm taking on the rest of her shifts plus mine for the rest of the week....almost 50 hours of work....) and problems with a roommate....and my body is EXHAUSTED! Not to mention, I really want dance to start up...I'm stressed about getting into shape. So anyway, I came back a bit disillusioned and tired (and yes, grouchy) from work today...and probably would have stayed that way, had it not been for some wisdom from the Lord via my friend Jeremy (for those that don't know, to put it the way my mom says it, he's the guy I'm "seeing").

So one piece of advice that I thought about today...take it as it is. I was just thinking about how PERFECT life has been for you lately (maybe not perfect, but you get the idea). Like everything from how close God is, to how things are working out, it's just rolling smooth right now. First, treasure it. Enjoy the closeness of God. Second, fight for it. If your rhythm of life is similar to mine, in a couple of days the excited-ness of being close to God fades away, and with it the time spent with God. You can't control how you feel, but you can control how devoted you are to God. So what I'm saying is essentially this, you're really at a mountaintop right now...don't fall.

Good point, don't you think? Reality is beginning to settle in...I'm realizing how hard life is going to be....but at the same time, I have to fight to draw closer to the Lord. I can't let life, business, worries and doubt shut out the voice of my Savior, Jesus. I may not feel like praising him, but I don't have a choice, he deserves my praise and devotion no matter how I feel.

So Jesus...how can I keep from singing your praise?? How can I ever say enough, how amazing is your love! How can I keep from shouting your name? I know I am loved by the King, and it makes my heart want to sing!

Again, thanks for all the prayers, support and love! It's so wonderful to know that everything I do is being prayed over by so many precious saints, both near and far. I love you guys!

-J (My official nickname here at B. Mag)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great thinking!! For what it's worth we will be singing that song this Sunday at church. It will be all that much more worshipful and special knowing that it ministered to you this week. Hugs and kisses!!!
Mom