8/14/2007

The Apartment

Well, those of you that have known me for long time know that I am a big fan of red and black. I'm not talking creepy gothic kinds of red and black, I'm more talking of the kind of red and black that you'd get if you put a red rose across piano keys; very classy, sophisticated and elegant! Before moving here I had never met another ballerina who had this same love of red and black....most of them are into pink and purple and frills. Anyway, all five of the girls that live here love red and black! So our whole apartment is red and black! It's so cute...I love it!

Here are some pictures of our apartment:

The kitchen:



the living room....



.....more of the living room.....



My (messy) bedroom:



...more of my bedroom.....



The bathroom that Danielle, Deidre and I share:






As you can see...I need to clean my room up a bit before (my roommate) Danielle comes! I don't know about you guys, but I kind of like a little bit of mess in my house. Hold on, don't close your ears! I really mean it. I like the place I'm in to feel lived in...I'm not a fan of living in a museum. On the other hand, there is a difference between a pleasant mess and a nasty one. I don't like my house to be a disaster...and it MUST be sanitary. No old food laying around, no dirty clothes on the floor and as few bugs as possible!


By the way, the bugs here in MS are HUGE. Last night I was asked to kill a cockroach that was at least as big is three quarters laying next to each other....I'm not kidding! Bugs don't bother me that much, so when the girls started screaming about a roach, I figured I'd just go kill it....no big deal. So I got a shoe and squished the little devil...but it didn't die. I hit it again...still alive. I sprayed it with poison....it stopped moving for about two minutes...and then got up and started to crawl away! So (I hope you're not eating) I skewered it with a fork and flushed it down the toilet...

Well, with that lovely thought in your minds, I'll say good bye!

Love,

Julie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to see you are settling in well in MS, and still running life at your full tilt Julie pace. You are in our prayers at CCC regularly and you will be missed on the worship team. I hope once your schedule kicks into full swing that you'll still make the time to keep us posted here. Have a fantastic first week of the rest of your life!

Anonymous said...

Nice apt. My first job in school was dish washer in a pizza place. The family was from Italy. Great inexpensive food once a day, great job on your blog!, todd