10/21/2007

In Christ Alone

"In Christ alone my hope is found;
He is my light, my strength, my song;
This cornerstone, this solid ground,
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm.
What heights of love, what depths of peace,
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease!
My comforter, my all in all—
Here in the love of Christ I stand."


What a WONDERFUL five days. We had an amazing time. So many stories to tell you all! My favorite one was yesterday:

Jeremy and I decided to just go walk around downtown Jackson for a while. We went to the capitol, saw some cool buildings, took some good pictures, and had a nice walk around town. While we were walking, a homeless man came up to us and asked for money. We told him we couldn't give him money, but would buy him a meal. He hesitated at first, saying that he was too dirty and wouldn't want to be seen in a restaurant. He finally agreed, and we looked for a restaurant (unfortunately, there wasn't much in that part of Jackson) so we took him to a farmer's market that we had gone to on the way in. On the way there we talked to him a lot about where he came from, what he had gone through in life, and about his faith. He was a Christian, but had gotten very sidetracked (he sounded like he had been saved and then quit living out his faith for a long time, before finally coming around.) Anyway, he was now HIV positive, homeless, jobless, and in desperate need of help. We prayed with him, showed him some scripture (his only possession was a Bible) and provided him with food. He was very thankful. He told us that he had been really down for the last few days, struggling with doubt and fear. Then Jesus sent us. We were able to care for his needs, and show him the love of Christ. It was incredible.....one of the most amazing experiences I've ever had. God so perfectly orchestrated our paths to meet at that exact time and place, just when that poor man needed help....it really amazed me. What an awesome God! I pray God will continue to bring more needy people to you, me, Jeremy, and our new friend, as we all seek to follow Christ. That is what I want my life to about. Sharing the love of Jesus. It doesn't matter when or where, all that matters is the message of hope found in Christ Jesus. Amen?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a great story .. i'm glad you guys had a wonderful time together .. and sharing your time with someone that really needed you makes it even better. hope the adjustment back to real life goes smoothly.

bajo said...

I heard this guy did have a pretty sweet name ...

love, Daddyo-O

Jeremy said...

good story. amazing what God can do, even when we're not looking.

Anonymous said...

amen sistah! PREACH IT!
~elf

Anonymous said...

Proud of both of you as always...way to go.
Rick