10/06/2007

Choir and Selfishness

Guess what?? I'm singing in my church's choir tomorrow....!

I'm excited/nervous. I don't mind singing at my church...because I know everyone....and I didn't mind singing at SAFM or Bible quizzing, because it was just a bunch of teenagers having fun and worshiping....but THIS makes me nervous. Our services are broadcast on T.V. and on Itunes (not sure about the music....so I may be off the hook at least for that). Anyway, I'm a little nervous...but excited to be getting involved. I do NOT like just "doing church" which is what I have been doing for about a month and a half now. I want to be involved, I don't want to be a leech. So anyway, I'm really excited/blessed to have this opportunity...and I'm sure that as long as I focus on Jesus (instead of on myself) I'll be less nervous.

I was thinking the other day....being homesick is pretty selfish. I mean, it's okay to miss people, but when it consumes your thoughts, it's just plan old self-centered. Think about it...."I wish I was home....I want to see my friends and family....I don't know why I have to be here...."

I just want to yell, SNAP OUT OF IT!! It's so easy to get bogged down in selfishness. It's so easy to focus on myself....but what does that do?? It leads to more selfishness. I need to think of how to bless others, and make that my focus, instead of thinking about what I don't have.

Praise Jesus! He is so awesome. He is SO worthy to be praised. He deserves my every thought....he deserves my undivided attention and devotion. I WILL praise the Lord. I WILL worship Him. I don't care how I feel. He IS worthy, and I WILL honor him.

4 comments:

bajo said...

It's about time!!!! ;)

Love, Daddy-O

Anonymous said...

That last paragraph sounds like a psalm. I guess you're not the only worshiper to decide that and I know you're in good company
Love ya,
Mom

Anonymous said...

So, how did it go? Did you enjoy singing? Did you worship? Did you help others worship? \
Hugs and kisses,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Sounds good Julz. I'm glad your getting involved!
~Elf