3/01/2008

Grace and Forgiveness pt. XXVI

Hey guys! Sorry, it's been a while.

We had an amazing weekend. Megan came to stay with me for the audition this weekend! We had a wonderful time.....she loved my roommates (who wouldn't?!?!), and is really interested in Ballet Magnificat, so I guess we'll see what God has in store for her next year.

Okay, I know I talk about this all the time.....but it's constantly on my mind....so bear with me. Do you know what the most amazing words are?


"Paid in full."


Imagine being in debt. Not just a little short on money, I mean bankrupt. You can't work to pay off the debt...it's just too big, and it would take more time, energy and ability then you will ever have. The debt is completely your fault, you are to blame. The penalty for your debt is death. You're on the verge of death, it's looming, and you can't do anything about it. Then, out of nowhere, you receive a notice from your creditors that simply says, "paid in full." You're free. Your debt has been paid! You can start over....you have a brand new life. "It was an unfair deal on the part of Christ. He got my sin, I got eternal life"

Amazing. My debt is paid in full. I am a new creation. I am covered by Jesus' blood. I can stand before the throne of God my King unashamed, because instead of my sin, he sees the righteousness of Jesus Christ.

2 comments:

bajo said...

SAU had a great chapel on "paid in full" last fall that was just what I needed at the time. Praise the Lord that the debt for my sin is paid in full.

Love, Daddy-O

Anonymous said...

Thats a good word my friend..so proud of who you are and who you are becoming.
Rick