3/27/2008

A fresh perspective

I am so thankful.

That has been the theme of my week. We serve a great God.....and you know what? We have EVERY reason to thank him! If he had just died for our sins....it would have been enough....if he had just risen from the dead so that we could have life.....it would have been more then enough.....yet he continues to pour out goodness and grace and mercy into our lives. How can I complain, or even wish for anything other then what he has given to me!?

We had a performance today at "Mustard Seed Ministries." It's a home for mentally handicapped men and women. At each performance someone from our group gets to share with the audience during the intermission. I really felt like the Lord wanted me to share....so I did. It was awesome! The Lord told me to share about freedom from sin and the victory we have in Christ Jesus. I was nervous that I wouldn't be able to hold their attention....but the Word of the Lord holds it's own....they were all attentive for the ten minutes I spoke. It was NOT me. The Lord gave me every word....it wasn't my own wisdom. I don't think I've ever been able to share the gospel that clearly. Praise the Lord. It was awesome! I know that he's going to use that in their lives. I don't know how much they can comprehend, but He does, and He will work in them.

One more thing from spring break. This is a picture of the wonderful and talented Wilson/Slager/McGrath family. They are precious. I really enjoy spending time with them. I got to hang out with them Friday and Saturday of spring break. Sue put up some pictures on Facebook, so here's one for you all to see.


The sweet baby in the middle is Lydia (Jeremy's niece).Oh gosh, it has had been a while....Alicia's 6 now, so yeah, I was out of practice with the whole baby thing....but I got to hold her! Hey Liz, thanks for sharing!

2 comments:

Liz said...

Anytime Julie, anytime! :-D It was so great to see you this weekend...

bajo said...

It is always cool to be used by God, way to yield to Him. Very nic pic.

Love, Daddy-O