3/11/2008

Nothing but the blood

"But he was pierced for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was upon him,
and by his wounds we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

"Would you be free from your burden of sin?
There's power in the blood!
Power in the blood!"


"What can wash away my sin?
What can make me whole again?
Nothing but the blood,
Nothing but the blood of Jesus!"

Jesus said to them, "I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. John 6:53

But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near through the blood of Christ. Ephesians 2:13

When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your sinful nature, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins, having canceled the written code, with its regulations, that was against us and that stood opposed to us; he took it away, nailing it to the cross. And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross. Colossians 2:13-15

"Hail to the King,
Hail to the living Word!
Let praise arise,
Heaven and earth,
Sing praise to the lamb,
Seated on the throne,
Power and strength are yours alone."

Worthy is the Lamb, who was slain, to receive power and wealth and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and praise! Revelation 5:12

Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is, his body, and since we have a great priest over the house of God,let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. Hebrews 10:19-22


"Lead me to the cross where your blood poured out,
Bring me to my knees Lord, I lay me down.
Rid me of myself,
I belong to you...
Lead me to the cross."

1 comment:

bajo said...

Combining your post with our trip, it seems to me that the UK, both Christians and non, need to be mindful of the blood of Christ. This country, which is so proud of its Christian heritage, needs this.

We are enjoying ourselves and doing well. Lots of pictures! We miss you, and will see you in a couple of days.

Love, Daddy-O