1/24/2008

Goodness

"Don't be deceived, my dear brothers. Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." James 1:17

Amen. I'm so glad that the Lord never changes. I'm so glad that his promises never change....I am so glad that though I may change my mind a thousand times, he remains the same and his purpose for me is the same.

I think I give myself too much credit sometimes. I think that somehow the good things in my life must be a result of the good things that I do. Wrong. I'm learning more and more that I have very little to do with the good things in my life. Of course, following scripture keeps me out of a lot of trouble and heart break, but as far as causing good to happen, I do nothing. Sometimes I see the good things I have, and I give thanks to God for them....until I get used to having them....then I start to think that I somehow brought it upon myself. Not true. There is nothing good in and of myself, the only good that there is comes from the Lord. He gives good gifts, and he takes away good gifts, I have very little to do with it.

I'm so glad that he is the one in charge. He doesn't change, he's always faithful, always loving, always truthful, never abandons me, never condemns me....I mean really, what's not to like? We serve an awesome God y'all, let us never forget that.

No comments: