1/17/2008

Contentment

"But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it." 1 Timothy 6:6-7

Can I get an amen??

What is contentment? According to Webster's contentment is: feeling or showing satisfaction with one's possessions, status, or situation.

Why is it SO hard to be content? The grass is always greener on the other side....or is it? If I had everything that I think I want, would I be satisfied? Would I wake up every morning excited and refreshed and renewed? Is that ever possible in this life....or is it a thing of fairy tales?

I think I should learn to be content. I mean, if contentment is "feeling or showing satisfaction with one's possessions, status or situation" then I should be content!

My favorite possession is my Bible, my status is a daughter of God.....a redeemed sinner....a recipient of Christ's amazing grace, my situation is perfectly in line with God's will.

I know these things, and yet my heart is restless. I feel like I should be doing more, or going somewhere else, or doing something differently! At the same time, I have a perfect peace about where I'm at. I don't know, this is confusing. Sorry.


I just need to have more of Jesus. I'm not satisfied, I need more of him.

No comments: