1/22/2008

Abandonment

We listened to a sermon today at B. Mag that I loved!

The topic was "living with abandonment." His key point was that as Christians, we are called to live a life that WILL NOT work unless Jesus is in it. God calls us to do the impossible, and he gave us his Holy Spirit so that we can accomplish that goal.

That really made me think. Does my life reflect that? The safest place to be is when you can't move without God's help....do I really believe that? I love to have everything under control. I love to know the future. Does that mentality reflect living with abandonment? I'd have to say no. I don't want to live a life that a non Christian could live. I want a life that is so focused on the Lord that there is NO QUESTION about what I believe. I want the power of Jesus Christ to so completely overtake me that I have no fear of following him....even if I have no idea where I'm going.

The funny thing is that I say this is my goal....but do I live like it? Do my desires and dreams match up with my convictions and high ideals?

1 comment:

bajo said...

Being a good Wesleyan (grin) I would say that you *can* get to a certain high level. But I would also say that you should never stop trying to go even higher.

Love, Daddy-O