1/19/2008

God is God

*Edited a few hours later*

I thought about taking out this post, but hey, I want you guys to see the process that the Lord is taking me through....I don't want to leave out the rough points.

"What do I have, if I don't have you Jesus?? What in this life could mean anymore. You are my rock, you are my glory, you are the lifter of my head!"
-Starfield

Jesus, I trust you. I will praise you Jesus! I will give you the glory, because you are worthy, and you are my God. You have the best plan, I can't wait to see what you have in store. Thank you Jesus for always lifting my head and giving me enough light to take one more step. I love you!

-Julie

Original Post:

Well, despite my best efforts, I still don't have control over my life. Not all of you know the background for this post, but let's just say that I'm trying to figure out what to do with my life (specifically college....when, where, what), and I'm not getting answers that I like. More waiting.....the thing I dislike the most.

I thought I did, at least to some extent.....but no. God is sovereign, his plan WILL win. I've been asking for clarity, and he's bringing it....slowly but surely. I don't know where he's taking me, I don't know what he wants for my life.....all I know is what he wants from me today....devotion, trust, belief that his plan is best.

These words by Jason Upton pretty much sum up what I want to say:


I don't have the power
I don't even have a clue
I don't have all the answers
I don't even have a few

But if I were really honest
And the truth were known of me
It might sound a little funny
But this is what my prayer would be

I don't know what to do
But my eyes are on You
I don't know what to do
But my eyes are on You

I lift my eyes toward the Heavens
Tune my ear to Your command
Help me boast in my condition
You're the God and I'm the man

Lord, I don't alway like how you work....but thank you that you do. I don't always see how your plan will work out, but I know it will. Let my heart be soft to your commands. I love you Lord.

-Julie

1 comment:

bajo said...

It took Abraham about 120 years to learn to trust God ... your 18 years is just a drop in the bucket by comparison. :)

Love, Daddy-O