1/16/2008

Good friends

Isn't God amazing??

The way he orchestrates my life never ceases to amaze me.

My friend Amy and I went out to dinner this evening. We talked for 3 hours. It was awesome.

This girl is just incredible. She loves Jesus, and she has so many of my same problems! I know that sounds funny, but you guys know what I mean.

It's cool because I work with her, and I wouldn't have gotten to know her without that. God knew that....I wonder if he did that on purpose? It certainly makes sense that he would. He knew that we'd be going through the same things at the same times, and so he allowed us to get to know each other so that we could encourage on another toward Jesus.

Not just Amy, but Stella too.

She's another friend that ALWAYS seems to know what to say. The Lord has blessed her with a lot of wisdom. She's kind of like an older sister to me. She lives in my same apartment complex, and we get together ever so often to sit (in the hot tub!), relax and chat about life. She's SO grounded in God's word....and she's real prayer warrior. I love her!

Then there's Abby Lee and Abby Lou (yes those are their real names, and yes they are roommates!)

Abby Lee is very realistic, goal oriented and neat. Abby Lou is very outgoing, joyful and creative. Both of them bless me beyond belief. Their opposite views on life are so funny, but both of them love Jesus with their whole hearts and seek to do his will above all else. They've both been good for me, and have taught me SO much. Most of all they're always there to lend on ear when I need someone to listen to me....and they'll offer their perspective on whatever I'm going through.

And of course, how could I forget my roommates! There is honest, real, listening Dani. Then there's deep, thoughtful, reflective Deidre. Joyful, encouraging, loves life Merry and tender, sympathetic, loving Erin. These girls are amazing. Each one teaches me something new about life and God pretty much everyday....each one is great to cry with and to laugh with! Each one has a permanent place in my heart.

I could go on and on about Marleigh, Amy (there are two), Alyssa, Liz, Roxanne, Elizabeth, Rachel, Danielle (there are two of those too!), Lauren, Ivy, Megan, Hannah, Leslie, Naomi, Ashley, Rebecca, Naphtali, Beth, Kelsey, Bethany and Shari....but that would take a while.

I am so blessed. Each one of these girls has touched my life in a very significant way over the past five months, and I know that the things I've learned are things that I'll carry with me for the rest of my life.

Then there are my precious friends from back home. I miss them!

God is good. He put me exactly where I need to be to learn more about him....with specific people to teach me specific things. He has given me such good friends! I am SO blessed.

No comments: