4/10/2008

Humbled

I am humbled by how the Lord works.

Today was a long day. We had ballet off, so I worked a long shift at work. While I was there, a girl that rarely works with me walked in the door.....my heart sunk. The last time we worked together, I got frustrated with her and subsequently spouted off to the cooks.....was I justified? Probably. Was I right in God's eyes? Nope. So, as soon as she walked in, I knew I had to apologize. I had made our issue public (by talking to our cooks about it) and so I had to make the apology public too (something my mom taught me.)

Apologizing publicly, especially when I think I'm right, is not an easy thing. Anyway, I talked to her about it, and made it clear that I was out of line. It was a tough pill to swallow, but I don't want anything to mar my witness for Christ.

After that it was like a switch had been flipped....we talked the whole day.....a wall that had been put up suddenly toppled over. This girl, who I used to tolerate at best, has started to open up to me. Praise the Lord. How am I supposed to share Jesus if I act like a self righteous hypocrite? Thankfully, God gives second chances, and I am now in the position to really get to know this girl, and share Jesus with her.

I'm not saying this so you guys can give me a pat on the back. I just want it to be a testimony as to how God's ways are always better. The world wants to see a difference in our actions.....if we respond in a godly manner, especially when we mess up, they can tell.

1 comment:

bajo said...

Sometimes when we respond in a godly manner when we are vulnerable, it's a great witness to ourselves and to the other person ... makes you wonder why we don't do it more often.

Keep your extended family in prayer as they try to manage the American Airlines fiasco to get where they need to be!

Love, Daddy-O