2/17/2008

Evaluations

Hey all!

Sorry....I haven't written in a while......it's been a little busy lately.

Jeremy was here this past weekend. It was SO great. We enjoyed hanging out and talking face to face. It was refreshing for both of us to have a break from our normal routine. The weather was BEAUTIFUL so we got to enjoy a lot of time outdoors (which is great since normally I only get to be outside when walking to and from my car.)

Well I got my schedule for March, and it looks like we have evaluations on March 6th!

For those of you that don't know, evaluations are kind of a big deal here at Ballet Magnificat. Once a year we meet with the leadership and they tell us what they think our strengths and weaknesses are in ballet, and in our character. The thought of that alone is a little scary, but that's not all. They also tell us whether we move up a level (there are two levels, Trainee 1 and Trainee 2....I'm in 1). The girls in Trainee 2 are eligible to get an apprenticeship with one of the companies (Alpha or Omega). The third option is, "we think God has something else for you"......and they ask you to leave the program.

Now, let me explain what I'm thinking. I really love it here. I love living here, I love my friends, I am growing so much in the Lord, and it is amazing. So, in light of that, I can see myself staying. However, I also would really like to go to school, and the longer I wait, the harder it's going to be to get back into it.

I've been praying about this for a while, and I'm still not ABSOLUTELY sure what God wants. I know that I want to do his will. I know that I want to follow him, and not try to make him follow me. We'll just have to wait and see what they say at evaluations....if I get "let go" I guess it'll make my decision easy!

I'd appreciate your prayers! I'm really curious to see what God has in store. The one thing I am convinced of is that whatever he has for me, it will be good.

Love,
Julie

3 comments:

bajo said...

Just remember (I can't believe I'm saying this) that you are never too old to go to school. Getting a college degree is in your future, it's just a matter of when.

Love, Daddy-O

Jeremy said...

Funny, I was just going to say that...
Keep trusting...God will show you where to go. And hey, either way it will be great...either Bmag or college. Can't go wrong there.

_abe said...

umm... God told me last night that you should move to Canada and get lost as a hermit for the next 6 years.

:) enjoy!