6/04/2008

Graduation

My wonderful grandmother(Nana) is here for the week! She is a really special lady, and I absolutely love spending time with her. She loves the Lord SO much....she is an inspiration.

My beloved grandfather passed away about a year ago.......I miss him quite a bit. Like my grandmother, he also loved the Lord with all of his heart. As much as I miss him, I am overjoyed to see him in heaven.....and I can't wait to see all that the Lord has shown him in the new adventure he is on.

Nana and Angie and I were talking about death today, and what she said was so profound, I thought I'd share it with you all.

"You know girls, for Christians, death is really more of a graduation. The Lord gives us things to do on this earth, he gives us a job to do for the kingdom, and when he sees that you have accomplished the plan he set out for you, he chooses to take you home. Yes it is sad, but it's nothing to be afraid of....just like graduating high school, it's a little bit of a scary transition, and you miss your family, but there is an even better adventure then this one on the other side of graduation."

Isn't that a wonderful description? Yes it is a little scary, and you may miss your family, but it's just like graduation. For those that have life in Jesus, we are just moving on to a bigger and better adventure. Isn't that wonderful?? "'Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?' The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ."

Amen.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Hi Julie! How's summer going? I'm excited to see you in a couple of weeks. :-D

Also, I got involved in a blog tag game, so "tag, you're it" (Check my blog for the details.)