5/11/2008

Stale

Can your Christianity become stale?? Has mine become such? Am I the salt that has lost it's saltiness? Sometimes I wonder. I have to be honest. As much as I would love to tell you that I am passionate about Jesus all the time, it's not always the case. This is not a "I'm beating myself over the head" entry, I just want to be real about what's going on.

It's not that anything is wrong, I'm not going through any hardships, I'm just stale. Is being "tired" or "busy" a good excuse....? I don't really think so. My prayers seem hollow....the Word seems dry.....Christianity is not a feeling....I know that....but what is the deal with this dry spot? The things that used to draw me to the Lord seem common place. My awe of the cross, my wonder at his goodness, my thankful heart, where is that? Where is the girl in love? Why is she replaced by a tired, stressed out woman who would rather kneel during worship then dance....not because she is broken, but simply because her feet hurt??

Have you ever sat down to pray, and so many thoughts are swirling in your head that the prayer becomes a to do list....and becomes frustrating rather then sweet, intimate time with Jesus?

Since when was it okay with me that Jesus is on a list, rather then in my heart?

In the words of Mr. Yuri, "Come on girl, pull it together." He was talking dance, but that's not the only area those words hit.

Psalm 42 is my prayer.

"As the deer pants for streams of water,
so my soul pants for you, O God.
My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.
When can I go and meet with God?
................................
Why are you downcast, O my soul?
Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God,
for I will yet praise him,
my Savior and my God."

I need Jesus to give me the strength to overcome. My heart's desire IS to serve him, and I need to live like that is the case.

"Come on girl, pull it together."

2 comments:

Jeremy said...

You can't do it. We can't draw closer to God by trying harder. "Pull it together" by letting it go...into the hands of God. I still think you're pretty amazing. See ya soon.

bajo said...

Jeremy took the words right out of my mouth ... what he said ... and what He said.

Love, Daddy-O