5/23/2008

Reflections

Well y'all, I'm fixin' to come home......


My darling brother Daniel is flying in tomorrow afternoon....I'm so excited! He has been in England this past semester, and will have many stories to tell I'm sure. We have quite a bit to catch up on....which is good, because we have a 15 hour drive to make. I'm leaving Sunday morning and I'll get into Michigan late Sunday evening.

These past few days have been full of reflections on my first year away from home. In many ways, I'm the same.....I still have the same likes and dislikes, the same goals, the same dreams....but as a person, my heart has changed. My thoughts have changed, the way I look at life has changed. The pains and trials that will seem trivial in twenty years, but for now seem very real and difficult, have given me a new depth of perspective, a new understanding of love, a new grasp of patience, and a new level of trust in the Lord.The Lord has blessed me SO much. I can't even put into words how thankful I am. The people he has placed in my life, the situations he has brought me through, the changes he has brought about in my walk with him are incredible.

I have tasted and seen first hand that the Lord IS good. His mercies are NEVER failing. His love is EVERLASTING. He DOES hear the prayers of a righteous man. Those who hope in the Lord WILL renew their strength. He is able to do MUCH more then all we ask or imagine. Jehovah Jireh is MY provider. The things of the Lord ARE foolishness to those who are perishing, but we have the mind of Christ.

The Word of the Lord has been proved true in real life situations over and over and over. The Spirit of the Lord has been my constant companion this last year. I am in awe of the grace of the Lord upon my life. He deserves the glory.

1 comment:

Jake Sinko said...

Julie! So awesome to hear how you have let God work in you....And I'm so stoked to see you!