12/10/2007

Captivated

Hi guys!

Well, it finally caught up with me. I got sick. I know, I know, you all knew it would happen.....oh well. It's cool how it happened though. The Lord uses everything to teach me something, and he always knows how much I can handle.

This past week I had nine shows (well, two were dress rehearsals, but same difference). Sunday morning I woke up with a raging fever, chills, sore throat, headache...you know the feeling. It's the "I can't believe I feel this bad and I still have fourteen hours until I get to go back to bed" feeling. Anyway, I had two shows yesterday, and my head was so stuffed up I was having a hard time balancing on two feet, let alone on the tip of one toe spinning in endless circles.

I don't remember a whole lot of what happened on stage, I just know it was amazing. I didn't feel like I was dancing, I felt like I was being carried, it was incredible. I wobbled, but never fell, I got dizzy, but never lost my balance. Jesus gets all the glory. I slept until a few minutes before I went on stage for the first show (wrapped in about five coats and tons of scarves)...I felt a little better for the second show, but I was still relying on Jesus.

It was so neat to have to trust the Lord with something that I feel like I am totally comfortable with. Dancing is pretty much second nature by now, but I had to trust Jesus just to stand up yesterday. It reminded me how much I need him in everything. There are so many days that I think I can handle the "easy" stuff, so I decide to trust Jesus with the "big things." I don't think that's what I'm supposed to be doing. I think he wants me to rely on him in everything, not just the things that are completely out of my control.

As a little bonus, I thought I'd include the lyrics to another of my favorite songs. It's called "Captivated" by Vicky Beeching. I just love this song, it puts into words how I feel about Jesus:

Verse 1:
Your laughter it echoes like a joyous thunder

Your whisper it warms me like a summer breeze

Your anger is fiercer than the sun in its splendor

You're close and yet full of mystery

and ever since the day that I saw Your face

try as I may I cannot look away

I cannot look away


Chorus:
Captivated by You

I am captivated by You

May my life be one unbroken gaze

fixed upon the beauty of Your face



Verse 2:
Beholding is becoming so as You fill my gaze

I become more like You and my heart is changed

Beholding is becoming so as You fill my view

transform me into the likeness of You

this is what I ask for all my days

that I may never look away

never look away


Bridge:
No other could ever be as beautiful

No other could ever steal my heart away

No other could ever be as beautiful

No other could ever steal my heart away

I just can't look away

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad He's there when I'm not
Love ya,
Mom