11/13/2007

Long distance

Ever had one of those days where God seems like he's really far away? Not that he doesn't love you, or that he isn't involved, just that he's not as close as usual. Maybe I'm just crazy, I don't know, but today is one of those days. Some days it's easy to focus my thoughts on Jesus, other days it's a struggle....and then there are those days where I am constantly seeking his face, and he seems not to be found. I don't know if there's a deep emotional or psychological reason for that, but "sometimes He's further then the moon, sometimes closer then my skin." (Thank you David Crowder).

I really wish that Jesus would speak to me audibly. I want to know him more, I want to touch him, see him, hear him....I don't like being separated. I hate that my sin keeps me from being with him. I want him to come back and take me home. I long for that day with my savior. "Better is one day in his courts then thousands elsewhere," amen?

I am SO looking forward to going home for Thanksgiving next week, but I would give it up if it meant spending one day with Jesus.

My heart absolutely aches for him. My soul is full of longing for my savior. It breaks my heart to think that I won't truly be with him for a while still. Then again, I need to focus more on the time I have with him now.

Seems to be the theme of my life, huh? I always think the future will be a lot better then the present (which it is in the case of heaven, but not so much with everything else). I always look ahead, I love to dwell on what will be....but as I do that, the present passes me by. I have to learn to be still....to be quiet...to wait upon the Lord.

Peace be with you all, I love you.

-Julie

2 comments:

bajo said...

It's called being an optimst. We do need one or two of those in our lives. ;)

Love, Daddy-O

Anonymous said...

Remember that even though Jesus is "out there" He is also "in here". By that I mean He has sent the Holy Spirit, the comforter to live in our hearts, guide us and be a close companion. Although the Spirit doesn't have human skin on, He is very close and very real. At times His voice is nearly audible or more than audible. Be sure to keep listening.
Love Ya,
Mom