11/08/2008

Prayer

Mmmmmmm...."oh what peace we often forfeit, oh what needless pain we bear! All because we do not carry...everything to God in prayer!"

Can I get an amen??

I'm such a dummy sometimes. I mean really, why do I neglect prayer? Of all the things in the whole world, it's my favorite. No kidding. I'd rather spend time in prayer then do anything else....and YET, it's the one thing that always seems to be pushed aside. An hour spent totally alone with the Lord is SO refreshing. It restores my heart, my mind, my body, my joy....so wonderful....yet I find it difficult to make time for it. I need to prioritize my time better.

Anyway, I had a really wonderful time with the Lord today. I sat out on my balcony, listened to some music, and just talked to the Lord. Wonderful. Much to my surprise (and amusement) I opened my eyes about 30 minutes into my prayer time, and two precious little kids were standing below my balcony, jaws dropped, with a puzzled look on their faces. I smiled, waved, and went back to praying. I can hardly believe how captivated I was by Him. An hour went by like a minute. SO WONDERFUL. It was one of those times where I really felt like I got to pray through everything, and got to prayer for everyone that I wanted to. It is SUCH a privilege to carry everything to God in prayer. The freedom and joy found in casting your cares on him is immeasurable. I am so thankful for prayer.

Thank you Jesus, that we can come to God, through you, our high priest. It is such a privilege. Amen.

Love,
Julie

3 comments:

Abby :) said...

This is something I've been thinking about too a lot lately. I've really started to understand the power of prayer and how we underestimate that so much and neglect it! Thank you for sharing your heart and what you're learning!

Anonymous said...

Amen!
~Elfy child

Jake Sinko said...

You once again hit me right where I need it...