8/25/2008

It is Well...

A new year. A new start. More to learn. New challenges to face. Old problems to work on. Hallelujah, my life is hidden in Christ, and I have NO reason to fear!

Wow you guys, I can't believe summer is over. I dropped Jeremy off at Moody yesterday, and leave for Mississippi in a little over 48 hours. Summer is officially over.


A week ago, my heart was about to break......a couple days ago I was scared and afraid of leaving all my loved ones......but not today...his mercies are new EVERY morning! God gives grace, and He has given me a lot today!

I can't even express how I feel right now. I'm excited, joyful, peaceful, content....just SO thrilled to be going where God wants me. He has turned my mourning into dancing.....and I can't explain it! All my fears and doubt are washed away. Don't worry, I'm not delusional. I know that there WILL be hard times, and that I WILL want to give up more then once, but I know that the Lord IS faithful, and he is doing what is best.

Now I have a choice. When things get rough, when I'm scared or nervous, depressed or lonely, angry or frustrated, I have a choice. I can cling to Jesus, I can continue to believe in his promises, or I can fall back into fear. I have a feeling that consistent time alone with the Lord is the key to keeping my mind where it is right now. I have got to fix my thoughts on the author and perfecter of my faith.


The reason I want to tell you guys this is to give testimony to the goodness of the Lord, and power of prayer. I've wanted to have this outlook all summer, I've been praying for it (as have others)....I've wanted to be peaceful about going back, I've wanted to be excited, I've wanted my heart to change from apprehensive to excited.....and praise the Lord, it has!


All in all, "it is well with my soul." Because "perfect love casts out fear." Amen?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I pray for you along with Jeremy's family. The path you have taken is exciting...ENJOY IT! I hope to have the opportunity to see you dance for the Lord sometime.

Love,
"Aunt" Connie
aka The Punch Lady